Tuesday 8 March 2011

Quick post summarizing the day.

Yesterday I drank the "Neuro Sport" drink, its a mineral water health drink, it retails at something like £1:90 a bottle, so it is not cheap, but its not that much more expensive than my previous energy source, which was "Relentless" and that had (I think) 50% or more of your RDA in sugar!

I loved the quotes on the cans:
"But I have lived, and have not lived in vain:
My mind may lose its force, my blood its fire,
And my frame perish even in conquering pain;
But there is that within me which shall tire
Torture and Time, and breathe when I expire;"

But it has some nasty side effects if used regularly, bowel problems and most importantly, and I learnt this the hard way, its only really TRICKING your body into thinking it has energy, telling the mind that you have way more energy than is actually in reserve, so when it wares off, you have a sugar crash, and on top of that your over exercising thanks to being tricked will wear a person down in time at all!

So anyway, back to the "Nero Sports" here is my very brief review.

Bottle design is very nice, you feel like its going to be good for you without even tasting, largely to clever design.
Secondly, the bottle is not only pretty, but fully recyclable.
Thirdly, is the content, it has only 35 calories, a ton of vitamins to promote hydration.
Tastes really nice, has a unique taste but its not far off mineral water, all in all I enjoyed the product and felt hydrated.
Next up was "Neuro Sonic" it seems like their flagship drink!
I bought it, and as usual the bottle design was nice, however this is one of the drinks that is lightly carbonated, so I had my reservations.
Its contents are interesting, it contains caffeine, Taurine and insotol, all of which are powerful energy drink traits.
It has more than that, and to get the full picture you will have to visit this link here: http://drinkneuro.com/products/sonic/
So in summery a healthy approach to energy drinks.
Ok, I opened it and well, I'll be honest, taste is not its strongest point, it has a weird taste, it also has an after taste a lot like "Purdeys" http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Sports_And_Energy_Drinks/Purdeys_Multivitamin_Fruit_Drink_330ml.html

And that after taste can be forgotten its not that big an issue, its just such a difference in comparison to the "Neuro sport".
I don't rate the taste highly but its still better than relentless and its almost toxic taste.
Its smooth and really can give you a huge energy kick, I completely rearranged my room thanks to the energy, and I do feel a little run down now it has worn off but I don't suffer the horrific sugar crash.
So all in all, if you like energy drinks for the energy, and want to be healthy, then "Neuro Sonic" is defiantly for you.



Dammit, ran out of time, but today basically I'll summarize my whole day and condense it into a small digestible tablet.
I woke up fresh and ready, ate, the day was great and went for a thinking ride to work out some business ventures, then returned, ate, re-arranged my office (it is half done) ate, did some work, then wrote this.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 18:
(Morning)

Actimel Bluberry.
Pint of blueberry juice
Cereal

(Lunch)

English breakfast (3 bacon, 2 sausage 80% pork, one fried egg (fried for a change), and beans with three slices of toast) So I had energy for a 2 hour bike ride.

(Dinner)
Leff over roast beef, put in boiling pot added red wine, salt and gravy granules, and poached for 4 hours making the beef flaky and super tender, with roast potatoes and broccoli

1 Pint blueberry drink on ice.
1 Bottle of Neuro Sonic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitness
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 18:

Long bike ride, benched 35KG in reps of 7, 5 sets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last message
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to sleep, dying here!!
Peace out!


1 comment:

  1. Nice reviews, I'm very sceptical about these energy drinks with out sugar. I used to be a fizzy addict, I drank coke, dr pepper & energy drinks almost constantly. It became habit to drink from a can so it took me months to stop that horrid habit and I try to stick to water unless out for a meal these days.

    I would like to try the Neuro Sports, it sounds good and I have been so lethargic with my bouts or sickness.

    ReplyDelete