Friday 4 March 2011

Fight fire with a vacuum.



Productive day, finally got some lights for my bike, so now I can have some night time adventures!

After rearranging my schedule the other day, the biggest difference I've noticed was actually in my mood, and not having to think about and stress about getting back on track has helped a lot.
I awoke ready for the day and I think I half seized it, I know I could have done more but without actually planning what I'm doing each hour means sometimes I jut get sidetracked and distracted.

Ok back to life, From what I've been looking into there are many forms and way to reprogram the way we think, so that we can alter aspects of ourselves that we want to change.
Something I found out, or learned should I say, is that this cant work for everyone unless they meet a very specific aspect to the reprogramming.
You will need personal leverage, what does that mean? well it means you will need to KNOW you want to change and not just know but also start associating not the pain of doing it, but the pain of NOT doing it, and the pleasure of doing it.
So for example, you might smoke for example this can however, be applied to anything.

You think oh if I quit, I could put weight on and I'll have cravings and have to avoid social situations where I can smoke or whatever.
Now if you associate stopping with: oh if I stop smoking, my breath won't smell, I'll have a higher lung capacity and will feel fit, I won't have nearly as high a risk from cancer and I can lead a normal life where I'm not a slave to smoking and will even save a lot of money that I would have spent buying them.
Thats associating pleasure to the quitting and pain to not quitting.

Always ask yourself, what is the outcome of not taking action, always remind yourself the positives of taking action and get excited about the process, feel like your heading towards a better lifestyle and through this association you will become stronger.
The next step is to break any chains of thought that might cause problems, for example, think of something you really dislike for some vomiting is a horrific experience, so teach yourself that every time you think about smoking you feel like vomiting or eat or do something that causes you to vomit.
Your brain will start to associate the two together and as a protection mechanism it will, after repartition start to make you think and feel that way.

Learning how to stop your patten, take yourself off guard and start to associate really bad things with the things you don't want to do, and vies versa, related things that give you a blissful experience, so that you feel that when your making the right decisions you feel pleasure.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 14:
(Morning)

Cup of tea

Cereal (branflakes)

Pint of cordial juice

(Lunch)

yogurt

Panini

(Dinner)
Tuna, Pasta and mayonaise (light) with some grated cheese.

1 Pint of cranberry and blueberry drink on ice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitness
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 13:

(same as Day 12)
Full day of upper body weights.
looking into dietary E-books
Looking at Fitness DVD's
Read Mens Health magazine

Just mostly absorbing new information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last message
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Perfect sleep for me would be here, as long as the temperature was nice and cool.

It's time for me to depart today, I MIGHT make a special weekend post, keep peeled!!

Peace!

4 comments:

  1. I use getting fat and uncomfortable again as my leverage to go to the gym and walk home from college. If I caught the bus every day and stopped gym I'd miss out on 3 hours of exercise a day, I do almost a weeks worth in 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing, and its why you have had lasting changes, and I bet you don't regret a minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry dude. I like the self programming and positive association, it's definitely a HUGE motivation tool. My only vice right now is chocolate or something sweet. My relentless craving is non existant, especially when I think about other good food I could get from just one cans worth :/

    Again, a great entry, but I had to lol when I saw you are reading Mens Health, god that magazine is terrible! Full of myths, and tricks, rather than actual proven methods. I was reading it for a good while before I woke up and started to laugh more than I took it seriously :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed a lot of that magazine is business orientated, selling products and telling you the ways they think you should be, but that's what magazines do, its the ability to take from each substance useful information, and digest the rubbish, much like a body would ;D

    ReplyDelete