Saturday 18 June 2011

Day ???

Since this is a weekend post I'm going to call this Bonus content.

Anyway I've been away to Birmingham for the last time (I only have got to go back for a single day in a week or two) and then since I arrived home I'd not been feeling too well.

A little back story behind being ill, I don't get ill.
Sounds strange but in all my years I've only been bed ridden maybe 3 times, each from tonsillitis.
This time I've been feeling under the weather, feeling tired, irritable and mostly run down.
Today I woke up, feeling nauseous and tired as well as a sore throat and a slight cough, added with all my joints aching led me to believe I have seasonal Flu.

Big deal, it sucks but I learned from a young age, for me personally I have to be active to get better. So I took a walk and eventually a nap when I was feeling very bad, but after a long hot bath and some food I feel ok again!

Anyway being tired and the such is the reason I found it difficult to try and post the last few days, and to apologize I thought I'd share some personal information.
No real reason but I juts feel like opening up a little, which for me is hard indeed.

The thing I love the most:
Friendship, I value most in this world is friendship and the ability to understand people. For me I have always believed that the biggest problem in this world is not the frequent inhumane acts we see on the news or even the people starving while others can waste, I personally think, if you took it all down to its most basic level, its the lack of understanding.
Slavery was an act where no effort was made to try and understand. People never saw a slave and thought, I wonder what his life is like, and what could make it better.
Wars with religion are all based on a lack of understanding, understanding that we can co-exist and that the wars that are raged are not in honour of their gods, but in honour of our own primitive desire of destruction and violence.
It is often hard to see a view that contradicts your own, and having the gift to analyse and see things from both sides will save a lot of bother in your life.
I saw a video of some young men beating to death two tramps in a forest (its on a news site I visit) and it was horrific, this all started because the tramps had eaten their cats.
Now instead of stepping back and thinking why did they eat the cats, the automatic reaction was to become enraged and eventually murderers.
I bet those tramps did not grow up wanting to become cat eating tramps, and I certainly do not think the cats were killed for fun, they were killed for food, what you have here are 2 outcasts of society fending in the wild eating whatever they can to stay alive.
What those people needed was compassion and understanding, maybe even empathy, rehabilitation and a chance to live their lives as valuable citizens, and perhaps not to be murdered.
As long as a bad society stays bad, their will always be homeless people, so really all the homeless people become are a by-product of a bad system, a system which I think needs changing.

A stubborn person is hard to argue with, I know this as I have a stubborn farther, the problem is that in their mind there is only one answer, and its the answer that they have concluded on one sided evidence.
Here is a personal moment for you, when I was a young kid, maybe 10-12 I got into some trouble with some older kids who were bullying me and a friend, back then I was tiny and weak and to be honest frightened.
I remember this well as it was the first and last time I came home and opened up to my dad about it, hoping that he would talk to them or at least solve the problem.
I told him, and we went back to the playground, the two boys were there, and my farther got out the car and is an intimidating guy for a young kid, anyway he asked them just what had happened, finally I thought, this will be over.
Anyway he came back to me and told me we were going home and that I lied to him, apparently I had called one of the boys (who wore glasses) four eyes.
Total lie, but they were older and for some reason he believed them over me, since that day I've never relied on my farther for support, maybe when the car breaks down I'll call him, but that's because I have no idea about cars, but in life, if I have a problem I go to my mother.
I know your thinking that perhaps I'm painting him in a bad light, this is not true. Regardless of flaws parents are parents.
I just wanted to explain, we have always had a stormy relationship, I've always done the things that are opposites to him, drawing at a young age, liking video games, and not having an interest in sport like he always had, so I can see how it might have been hard for him to relate to me.
That one moment, that one time... it's funny how some things really stay with you, and from then onwards I always thought I'd have to live life my own way, and rely on nobody but myself to get things done.
I'd be interested in hearing defining moments of your life, readers?

Things I fear most:
Top of the list, is death.
For me death is a big issue, since I'm not really religious and only very partly Buddhist I find great difficulty in following something I do not believe in.
This is were I might get all philosophical and spiritual.
Uurrgh I'm blabbering, let me get to the point, I actually wish I could believe a religion, the reason is I'm terrified by death. Religion gives you the comfort of thinking that their is more, I personally think when we die that it is it, the end.
Reincarnation makes little sense to me, because if the population constantly expands, how can they all be resurrected souls? so for example say there are 400 people and the next year there are 700 people where did 300 souls come from? you could argue from animals etc, but if they keep populating then it still makes no sense.
Anyway, death seems so absolute! an infinity of nothingness, not even thought.
For me this fear came from college, when we were playing the game where you breath in and let people push on your chest, causing you to faint briefly.
I don't remember it happening, I remember waking up, and firstly thinking that when we die, we won't know, and from there on we cease to exist. for me a very scary thought.
If I had a religion to cling to, that notion of absoluteness would be a lot more easier to swallow.

Favourite food:
The problem for me is I've always been a person that flutters between foods, liking something one week, disliking it the next.
I suppose the one constant, the one thing I'll always eat, would be ice cream.

Weird eating habits:
I have to have a little of every element on each fork, so for example if it is a fry up, I'll have a bit of bacon, sausage, egg, hash brown, toast and beans on each fork load.
I have to have a drink with every meal.
I have tomato ketchup on macaroni and cheese.

My worst trait: Jealousy
This only applies to relationships, After a few bad relationships and being used a few times I have developed a were notion that everything that can go wrong will go wrong.
I get jealous when people get to spend time with my friends and girlfriends if I'm stuck alone at home or something, I suppose my problem is not jealousy, it's loneliness.

I get lonely very easy, spending most my time home, alone, gives me more than enough time with myself, and I find myself tedious and argumentative with myself, if that makes any sense. always over analysing and arguing to myself, contradicting and thinking constantly.

Fun facts:

It took me 3 years to tell a girl I loved her.

I have a scar on my forehead (very small) that was the catalyst for me losing 5-6 years worth of memories.
(You can read more about it all here: http://mastersfinalmemory.blogspot.com/ its my personal blog during my Masters final piece.)

I once ate 6 litres of ice cream in one sitting.

I once had a pet cricket called rambo, who lived 4 times longer than it should have.

I failed my fireman training test paper twice (mathematics paper) maths is officially my weak point. But passed the fitness exam while having the flu, a guy who worked at a gym failed.

During my first year or two in my flat, I slept in a bare room with an air bed, now my room is completely crammed full.

I'm struggling to find more things to talk about, so This is your chance readers, I PROMISE to answer any 1 question per person, no matter HOW personal.
So go for it, ask away!

Peace readers I hope this has in some way been a remotely interesting read.


9 comments:

  1. Okay, my question for you. Do you REALLY like me and for what reasons/if you do or not?

    Also, amazing entry. This is definitely my favourite entry probably since your first couple of posts. Its philosophical, personal and insightful. I shall think of this when I update my blog in the next day or two :)

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I don't normally post personal stuff, mostly because I prefer this bog to be a tool for others to help themselves "evolve".

    To answer your question, yes I like you, however like most people I know there are traits I dislike, the thing that I always think is that you really do try hard with people, sometimes you come across arrogant, however that is rare.
    The biggest thing for me is you seem to not have awareness for others and it can be misconceived as selfishness, however knowing you and your past and family affairs I understand why you subconsciously act this way, I mean look out for number one, who else will right?

    So for me it's because I can see things from you're perspective and have these insights about you that let me understand actions. People that know little about you might find it difficult to understand.

    I said I'd be upfront and honest in answering questions, I hope you don't think I think negative of you, because overall I can see the person you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...holy shit that's a beautiful entry! To be honest, it's the first time I've ever felt inclined to comment on your entry, as much as I like them it does bum me out when people live the high life while I wallow in the sea of anguish.

    "since that day I've never relied on my farther for support, maybe when the car breaks down I'll call him" I thought I was the only one with a one track minded father, thanks for proving me wrong dude. O_o I really felt a fierce amount of empathy when I read this part.

    Also you made a lot of good points overall: from misunderstanding and the decay of society to the concept of death, this is one truly epic, well thought out entry. Keep it up man, I feel so inspired to write my next entry (even though my entries are dark and brutal haha).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. One of the things I learned in my counselling training is that people rarely get given effective feedback from others around them, in their life. In order for someone to mature or change, we need to know the effect we have on people and why. A lot of people are too afraid and are often far too critical and overlook the points of that person and just label them however they want. Which results in arguing/offending people.

    I understand your feedback and can see how I can come across at times. "I mean look out for number one, who else will right?" < THIS - I know this has always been the case, but lately Im slowly realising there are friends I know who do genuinely care about me and my wellbeing. So hopefully this will help dispell my apparent occasional arrogance and unawareness.

    I am working towards a better "me" and Project Sylo will be my guide. I feel I have dealt with my procrastination and its time to get the project going for good.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To echo Seeker's question since I also wondered this: "Do you REALLY like me and for what reasons/if you do or not?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. @seeker: Agreed it's hard to expect something from someone if they don't know what the factors are themselves, impossible to improve without self analysis and analysis from others around you.

    @Beast:
    I've not spent a great deal of time with you, your honest, friendly and to the point.
    Any short comings you have are social issues which I personally believe you have no control over.

    Only thing I would say is this, while the notion of fate is an attractive one, you need to realise that we have runs of bullshit luck, it's not Murphy law, its just a way to explain it.
    You just need to learn to take on problems yourself, and blame only yourself, because you ARE you're own world.
    I know you like to rant on FB, which is fine its a good medium to outlet stress.
    So to clarify I do like you, you just need to slow down and chill a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read this and kept forgetting. I enjoyed it muchly and none of it surprised me, I don't know if you'll think that's a bad or a good thing.

    The story of the tramps horrified me, those poor men, some people have so little respect for humanity. I pity the murderers, possibly more so than the tramps, for their narrowmindedness, what a small existence to not be able to look beyond the surface of anything.

    Anyway, I was saying, I read this after I had been fannying around on some astrological character and compatibility website and after reading your blog entry I went back and put in your d.o.b, I don't usually hold much stock in these things and kind of dip into it occasionally out of curiousity. I thought I would post it here because to me and my knowledge of you this does sum you up quite well, you may well disagree.

    "Aries Wood Ox: Ever met a world-beater? Allow me to introduce him. By the age of two these boys have enough confidence and belief to take on your average Brain of Britain or sporting superstar... and, believe me, they'll be victorious. Future parliamentarians and sporting gods will derive from this combination. If they were born with a tattoo, it would say "winner" and be embossed on their backside. It's all good, isn't it. Well, yes, it is really. Their ego is huge, and their competitiveness is laughable, it's so intense - but they accomplish and partake in everything with a smile on their face and a degree of charm that disarms us mere mortals. Now, when we say this boy has a smile on his face, he does, but he has a kind of smiling "assassin"-type quality, in that if you cross this boy, that grin will remain absolutely set in place whilst he scythes you down and destroys you inside and out. Makes him sound rather merciless - yeah, cruel and ruthless, doesn't it? Well, he can be. And he won't feel an ounce of guilt to boot. The things is, when this character is on a quest to take over the universe, if you have the misfortune to stand in his way there will always be an inevitable consequence. The result of which means, you may never walk again. This boy is imperiously charismatic, staggeringly driven, and so full of self-belief, you'd think he was a direct descendent from the great man himself. He isn't. But he may as well be. Stunning."

    My question to you, before I read the astrology profile, was/is 'Is there anything you regret?'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the character astrology thing! not 100% accurate but some things I can agree with :]

    But to answer your question, Regrets are something I do not believe in, I think once somehting is done that decision is made, and living life without regrets is a sound way to live.

    However this pretty notion is not 100% accurate, and I do have two regrets so to speak. Number 1, And most importantly, my best friend is an ex whom I was with for nearly 5-6 years *can't quite remember*
    Anyway, during a break, I had sex with another girl, and it shattered her, we got back together, but it still shattered her and I detest hurting anyone without real reason, more so the people that are close to me.
    I have felt a similar way, and it was nowhere near as bad, and it truly sucks, I have atoned for that, but it still plagues me.
    She deserved a lot more respect, and I was selfish.
    Second regret, in a way, was my cowardice when I was a young child, avoiding all fights and letting people push me around, agreed I was supper skinny and short, very runt of the litter type, but I never stood up form myself unless it was the teachers, because I can win a fight with my tongue, just not with my fists... well back then anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this blog post, I am an open person more or less but there are things I can't talk about easily; I try and challenge myself to talk about it on my blog though. So I really like how you've done that here. Interesting insights too :D

    ReplyDelete