Thursday 5 January 2012

Stage 4 - Episode 1: GEAR SECOND!

I'm BACK!!! It's been a long time, as a matter of fact, too long. Since the shift to Stage 3.1 there has been little activity online for multiple reasons, but what you should know is I'm back! Not just back, but better, I have started better time management so I can get back to daily posting, but something I noticed from my other (some what less serious blog) http://winds-of-fate.blogspot.com/ that it has a total of 30 something posts, and yet has double the views. It occurred to me that this blog, as highly informative as it is, was also too heavy, too much content with little entertainment, so During this Stage 4.0 I will be mixing information with general entertainment. If it fails I'll revert back to pure information in Version 4.5 or 5.0 depending what I reach first.

So the two new sections are:


Training will cover actual exercises, since I've only loosely covered it, I started with covering the mentality and the foundations to getting a successful routine for healthy living, but I'd like to talk about the actual training people might do, I'm not suggesting I'm going to have all the answers here as daily I'm learning new things myself, so this section will be just analysing and discussing what I'm doing and how helpful I'm finding it.



So, Christmas is over, and people are starting resolutions, if you've not made one or are interested I personally think the generic "losing weight" resolution should be avoided.
Being healthy, fitter and stronger should always be something we strive toward, I think personally resolutions should focus on your weakness in other fields and try to strengthen yourself as a person.

For example, someone might suggest to give up chocolate or alcohol, but without addressing the reasons why you do these things in the first place you will find it very difficult to stop them.

How can you do this?
Well firstly look at what resolution you wanted to make, think, WHY are you making this resolution, what effect do you get from this.
Secondly look at the cause of you already doing this action that you want to resolve.

For example, Jo wants to stop lose weight and be fitter.
He is over weight, and when he thinks about it the reason he wants to diet is to attract a partner. (easy to understand when you look at how the media bombards us with how it thinks people should look)
So what causes his unhealthy lifestyle?
After thinking about it he eats too much, and not good food at that. also his job means he is expending little energy.

==========================================
CAUSE: Bad diet - Lack of exercise.
EFFECT: less attractive / low confidence.
==========================================
FIX: Good diet - Exercise.
EFFECT: more attractive / confident.
==========================================

Now this example might seem straight forward, but without looking into the cause and effect, he could have come to the conclusion that he needed to quit say, chocolate, or go running once a week, which frankly would have little effect.

This can be applied to any aspect in life, I suppose I should have said from the start that all you needed to do was critically analyse your life's aspects, and you will find out the source of the problem, and also the solution.

Another quick example, somebody wants to stop drinking alcohol, but just stops without looking into their problem, in this case the persons looks to alcohol as a de-stressing therapy, as soon as that person gets stressed they will find the temptation of drinking hard to bare.
Had they addressed the issues that cause them to be stressed and how to better deal with stress, they would find quitting a lot easier.



When you are training, if you have any 1 song that will kick you into shape and make you work harder what is it? For me it's this!



It's not much of a post for today, more of a recap and introduction to the 2 new sections.

Until tomorrow, good luck you beautiful, beautiful readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment