Friday 9 September 2011

Day 210: Preparing for change.

I'm going to post this under the "Adventure" section even if it is a health and fitness theme.
Today I bought some new products (Will be reviewed later in this post) these play into the start of my new adventure.
Getting fit! Stage 3: acceptance.


I have got to the stage of accepting that I will only achieve my desired results thought a lot more work, and more dedication, and while I have greatly upgraded my life style and general health, I realise now that it's only once it clicks that you can truly accept progression.

Originally I had great ambitions ans was making the easy mistake of taking on too much too soon, and after a while the hectic lifestyle started to grind down slower due to fatigue amongst some other factors. This made it very easy to not progress and in fact slow me down.
I blogged before about people not making it a big enough deal, and because it was not made into a big deal by them to their peers, it was not a big deal to them either, but on the flip side, make too much of it to your friends and the pressure to succeed can become immense.

So first steps to making any changes and making them lasting are:

1. Make it a big deal to you.
You need to be in a place to really want the changes you desire, and not just for selfish needs like appearance but also consider the beneficial health effects that tie in with it.

2. Let your peers know you want to do the changes, and make it important that they know.
When telling people you respect, you will get two kinds of reactions. The first type will be encouragement, offering advise or just wishing you luck, the second is dismissal. Dismissal is a reason a lot of people keep their changes to themselves, fearing that peoples negative attitudes might effect their own moral or hamper the progress. Personally I think dismissal is a good thing, this offers you the chance to prove them wrong, while at the same time benefiting your own life.
Remember, do not fear failure, because its a concept that can not exist if you learn from mistakes. True failure would be to just not try, to hope for the best, or to just flat out give up without learning anything.
If you fall at a hurdle, analyse it, why did you fall? was the goal or milestone over ambitions? was it thought a lack of knowledge? if so, learn the weakness and get back into the fight! as long as you are willing to win, you will do just that!

3. Knowledge is power!
Before you do anything, read up online, or in a library and magazines just what it is you are trying to achieve, be aware that magazines mostly have agendas to push products, take information from multiple sources and determine for yourself what is useful information.
You will discover that their are easy ways to achieve some things while others are a lot more difficult.

4. Do it NOW!
Nothing says I'm ready like taking immediate action! So go outside do your stretches and a light run, or plan you're diet, or even if you just want to quit a habit, look online and start gathering information.
A huge amount of people fail just because they don't take actions enough.
Knowledge - Action, and repeat, the only time you should not take action is if you are already reading up or physically can not take the desired action, in which case make that action as soon as you possibly can, use this to build momentum.

5. Keep a routine.
There are no key rules, but without this rule in place you will have a very hard time making results, and more importantly be able to keep track of them. Always keepo a record of your results, this way you can effectively track progress.

Ok now these basic steps to making lasting changes are complete, lets move onto some products I'm giving a go!


I'll start off with something not so much healthy, but more tasty.


I recently purchased some of this beautiful tea, I don't know about you readers but a cup of tea can put me in good form for the rest of the day!
if you're like me, and love citrus, lemons and oranges, you will love this tea, its supple and has a zesty crunch to it making it refreshing as well as delicious, I highly recommend a try!


Keeping on the tea trend...


I had a spate ofg difficult sleep, and while my normal remedy was a hot bath and some horlicks, I also found a less heavy drink.
Extrasensory explosion, it has a deep smell of herbs and tea, its taste is no fantastic to me, but I'm not a hardcore tea drinker, I did find restful sleep with this on every occasion that I tried it.

You can find out more about it here:
< HERE >

Now onto health and fitness related pills.


Ginseng has a multitude of benefits, and if I can get something from a natural source i'd rather do so.
Since I'll be running a lot more often, and since I've had a break from it for a while I figured I'd buy some Manchurian ginseng, it is great for maintaining high stamina levels, and since I've had a break from running I figure that if I take these 50 tablets by the time I've done so I'll be back to decent fitness levels and stamina will be a lot higher, this will make the transition of not running to running often a bit more manageable.


Remember me banging on about the Neuro bliss drink?
Well it was pretty tasty, and had 2500% RDA of Vitamin  B12, the happiness Vitamin, this drink was amazing, it drastically improved mine and my flatmates mood when we used to drink it, but at a pricey £1.80 per drink it was often more of a luxury. Well I discovered these tiny pills in holland and barett, they contain the same 2500% B12 content, but for a mere £3.99 (on offer from £5.29) Anyway that means for the equivalent of 100 bottles of neuro bliss, I can buy 100 tablets for just over £5, a obvious choice really.
If you think you could use a little mood "pick me up" then get yourself some of these!



Wellman, the Rolls Royce of vitamins contains a whole world of vitamins designed and for men, there is a female alternative surprisingly called Wellwoman. I've not yet taken this, so I'll write a better review later, it costs around £8.50 and as I open the box I'll write what you get for your money.its a cool design, time went into the packaging design, Two sheets of pills, with again nice packaging design. Inside is a leaflet  witha bunch of other products on it with a lot of detail as to what they do. Basically its just a massive advert, and oh my they have some products indeed!! From hair support to skin, prostate to over 50... a massive array of potions and supplements.



I'm still working on the graph for foods, I'm going to break it into elements, like protein, dairy etc instead of the original plan, anyway i hope there was some useful information in this entry, good luck readers and remember I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment