Thursday 9 June 2011

Day 109: Urban jungle.

I have no swish fancy title headers, the images I created and use for my blog exist on my home PC, I'm posting this blog a few hundred miles away in Birmingham!

I go to birmingham often to vist my girlfriend, and I won't lie, I detest cities.

I like nature, I like natures fresh air rustling through the tress, the smells of fresh flowers and the sounds of the sea.
I don't like polluted air blustering through my choking my lungs, the smell of fumes and various deodorants and the sounds of relentless cars with the common sound of an ambulance crashing through.

Cities have their perks, for example birmingham has a massive wealth of restaurants and generally a good selection for food, but once you peel that away from it's grey exterior there is little in entertainment. Sure you could go and drink cocktails at night or go out to nightclubs but other than that there is nothing to explore, just roam around pe designed spaces that maximize consumer sales.
To controlled, not wild, free and unforgiving.
Now of course I've lived my life in the countryside so for me, until recently I was biased, but I've spent a good few moths in city life, and it really is bad for the soul.

A deep concentration of people with little to do, you hardly see people talking to each other in a city and it is strange that in somewhere so deep wit people, that you could really feel alone.

Its not a long post today, but I'd like to hear what people think of the environments they have been to, what conclusions you have found.

Peace out, you beautiful, beautiful readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment