Friday 3 June 2011

Day 103: Great days = Great adventures.


First adventure post, I went on a 16 mile ride, through an Estate that is situated 5 minutes ride from my house.
But first I needed fuel, and that came in the form of a cup of tea and a plain scone.
After that I had a score to settle with the arcades claw machine, I'd been winning these Angry bird plushy's and needed one last one to complete the collection, the fat yellow one! It's tricky to grab and I've had a few failed attempts to successfully capture him. I have a luck app on FB where it randomly seems to tell you how lucky you are, I was 100%, so I knew if a random percent generator believed in me, that I could not fail!
So I went, and won it, made me feel happy it was over, no more levelling up on claw machines for me!
After that, I began the bike ride to the woods outside the estate, and from there onwards I think I'll let the photo's do the talking, enjoy!

Nice and fun, stunning day temperatures of 28, got to give my new bike a through test, verdict, it's amazing, smooth joints, no lost energy and lightweight, I think all my long trips on my last tank made me realise I have phenomenal leg strength.

After the ride I sat at home, in a little pain, I had pushed myself a bit too hard, and I have a bad habit of doing that, I just feel I let myself down if I don't give everything in life 100%, stupid really.
Business wise? Well I've started drumming up interest online, using forums and chat IRC to mention products etc, but this won't go into large scale until the website is done.
Tomorrow I'm going to make sure the website's text is finished, as it NEEDS to be done.
Other than that, not a lot of news on that front.


Isklar Water.

Now I know what some of you are thinking "Water is water, there is no difference" I did feel the same way, but after drinking so much recently I do actually see a difference!
I was initially attracted to Isklar water about a week before I started this journey and was totally sold on the bottle design (I'm a bit of a sucker for good design being a designer) and the drink is just so light, no residue or that feeling of thick water, like volvic. I used to drink volvic, but in comparison I prefer Isklar for the reason that it tastes crisp, light and feels refreshing as well as being better designed and cheaper, no brain'r, I don't get paid to promote products so you know this is not some pointless plug, I tell you readers what I think is good and bad.

Another thing I'd like to point out.

Honey!
This picture is from a while back, when I made some weird health drink using fruit, trying to get the good alkaline substances out to balance the blood, anyway, honey is liquid gold.

For hundreds of tears, across the world honey has been used as a medicine in all kinds of tribes, why?
I dragged this up.

"Honey has been used in many medical applications over the years, but recent studies are now able to prove its benefits as a topical antibacterial treatment for burns and ulcers.

Known antioxidant compounds in honey are chrysin, pinobanksin, vitamin C, catalase, and pinocembrin. Unlike most other sweeteners, honey contains small amounts of a wide array of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants, which include a wide array of vitamins, such as vitamin B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid.

In addition, honey contains essential minerals including calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc as well as several different amino acids have been identified in honey. Dark honey has more nutrients than lighter varieties. Vitamin and mineral content depend on the floral source of the honey. Honey has less than 2% sodium.

Because of its antibacterial properties, pure honey can be preserved indefinitely."













So there you go, honey not only tastes great but has a ton of awesome stuff in it, it can apparently heal wounds and I have seen footage of tribes using honey as a "organic plaster" if you will.

Also dragged this up, because blue berries are delicious!!
Blueberries:
"Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamin C.
In fact, a serving contains about 14 mg or almost 25% of daily requirement for Vitamin C. Vitamin C is needed for the formation of collagen and to maintain healthy gums and capillaries. It also aids in the absorption of iron and promotes a healthy immune system.1, 2

Blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber.
Government surveys tell us that there is not enough fiber in our diet. A diet high in fiber contributes to heart health, helping to keep cholesterol in check. Fiber also aids in digestions and helps maintain regularity.1, 2

Blueberries are an excellent source of manganese.
Manganese plays an important role in the development of bones and in the metabolism of protein, carbohydrate and fat.3"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Food
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 103:
(Morning)

Rice crispies with honey :3
Cup of tea
Plain Scone

(Lunch)

Isklar Water
missed it as was biking and forgot about the time.


(Dinner)

Vegetation
burgers (I'm not a vegetarian, but they are quite tasty)
Beer batter oven chips
Pint of water
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitness
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 102-103:

15 mile ride (Yesterday)

17 mile ride cross country (Today)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last message
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.” Antony Robbins.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of where you live, takes me back to being a child and my own epic bike rides through sherwood forest, clumber park and rufford abbey. Everything was an adventure, every day had something new, you could do the same route daily for a week and find something different each time.
    I ate an entire jar of honey and 5 lemons when i was ill last week. It's definitely a healer.
    Blueberries are also good for people who suffer with low moods as they contain something ( i forget what) important to chemical production in your brain, as does brown rice. Fun fact for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the weather is good it certainly is nice here, but don't be fooled, this place is just one giant, yet pretty, cage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, i know, that's why we moved from our little mining village, it's amazing for young kids and i'll probably retire to somewhere similarily sleepy :)

    ReplyDelete